Duncan Almond is LDP’s hospitality specialist. With over 30 years’ experience in the hotel and hospitality industry, Duncan is a valuable asset to the LDP team for projects including hotel and resort elements. Duncan’s work ranges from individual lodging operations to multi-hotel resort developments. In recent years as attractions and accommodation have increasingly fused together, Duncan’s projects have included many themed hotels, waterpark hotels and integrated attraction resorts.
Duncan is a highly experienced consultant who has particular expertise in the hotel, resort, and mixed-use tourism and leisure sectors. He has participated in and managed a variety of projects around the world. Areas of particular note include market evaluation, concept development and business planning.
Before joining Leisure Development Partners, Duncan was an Associate Director with Economics Research Associates and, prior to this, an Associate Director with TRI Hospitality Consulting. Previous employers include Forte Exclusive Hotels.
- Liseberg— waterpark hotel, accommodation assessment
- Europa City, hotel market appraisal and financial feasibility for multiple hotel types
- Confidential Attraction Resort, Qatar, accommodation assessment
- Branded Waterpark Resort , UAE
- Branded Theme Park Resort, UAE
- Hotel feasibility for a leading UK mall
- Confidential location waterpark and hotel upgrade testing for a well-known UK golf resort
- Destination resort testing for two locations in South Africa alongside planned attractions
- Review of development opportunities and economic parameters across the Commonwealth of Independent States
- Appraisal of accommodation and spa products for a destination resort in the south of France
- Feasibility testing for a theme park hotel in Denmark