Kathleen LaClair is a partner at LDP and is based in North America. Kathleen has led and managed assignments in the real estate industry for twenty years with expertise on projects in the leisure, culture, and entertainment industries. She focuses on evaluating the development potential and feasibility of both new attractions as well as the enhancement or expansion of existing facilities.
These projects typically involve overall project management, team direction, fieldwork, market research, financial feasibility, and economic and fiscal impact analysis. Kathleen also has significant experience working across a wide range of other land use categories, including mixed-use developments, residential, retail, dining, and entertainment (RDE), hospitality and golf projects, in addition to attractions.
Prior to joining LDP, Kathleen was an Associate Principal in the Economics practice at AECOM, formerly Economics Research Associates, and was focused on commercial and cultural attraction consulting in North America and Latin America. Kathleen coordinated the annual production of the AECOM and Themed Entertainment Association (TEA) Theme Index and Museum Index, Global Attractions Attendance Report, the definitive annual attendance study for the themed entertainment and museum industries. Primarily responsible for the North American and Latin American figures for theme parks and water parks, Kathleen contributed to the reports for more than ten years.
- Edge at Hudson Yards attendance study and COVID-19 reopening analysis, New York
- Sugarloaf Mountain Cable Car amenity expansion analysis, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Distrito T-Mobile visitation and revenue analysis, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Sesame Place location analysis/expansion study, multiple U.S. markets
- Miami Wilds feasibility study and negotiation support, Miami, Florida
- Advisory services and business planning for the Bronx Zoo, New York
- Wild Waves repositioning and feasibility study, Seattle, Washington