John Collins OBE has been a leisure industry operator for more than 50 years. John is the third generation of the Collins family to operate visitor attractions.
John operated his own amusement park, other attractions and FECs. He spent many years as a member of a small team advising the Tussauds Group on all aspects of the development and operation of their theme park business. John has also been instrumental in the creation and operation of FECs linked with major retail schemes.
John’s practical, hands on experience is in building and operating both large theme parks and traditional amusement parks together with experience in family entertainment centres in both retail and stand alone situations.
John has been an attractions operator his entire career and his work was recognised in the British UK Honours List in 2011, where he was recognised for services to tourism and visitor attractions.
In serving the leisure industry worldwide, John has developed a network of industry experts and suppliers with proven track records and with products which have enabled him to deliver the many parks and attractions with which he has been involved on budget and on time. John’s hands on experience offers invaluable insight to many of LDP’s projects.
- Port Aventura, project coordinator (Spain’s leading destination theme park)
- Chessington World of Adventures
- Alton Towers (UK’s leading theme park)
- Various FECs and indoor parks alongside retail
- Barry Island, owner operator 1960s-1980s
- Nells Point redevelopment planning
- Branded theme park Dubai, staffing
- Branded family entertainment centre staffing, various markets
- Disneyland Paris refinancing
- Board of Directors Blackpool Pleasure Beach
- Hastings Pier redevelopment
- Prater redevelopment, Austria
- Triotech due diligence
- Dreamplay Manila
- Operational review of many LDP projects
- Titanic Experience
- Giant’s Causeway
- KidZania London
- Operational insight for many LDP assignments